Checklist for interpretation
Here is a checklist that will help you to think of everything you need to consider if you use LiveVoice for language interpretation:
- Speaker device (e.g. laptop or smartphone for translator)
- Headphones for translator (here are some suggestions)
- Connection from sound mixer to computer, if you need original audio
- WIFI: Check speed and password (here is some more advice for that)
- Power banks (for listeners to borrow)
- Extra chargers (for listeners to charge their phones if needed)
- Extension chords (in case you need them)
- Extra smartphones (for listeners to borrow)
- Extra Headphones (for listeners to borrow)
- Check: Where will the interpreter sit?
Communication with your visitors
>> How will you inform your listeners?
>> Where will people be able to get support?
- Send out an email ahead of the event: Bringt your smartphone, headphones and charger - and download the app here!
- Think about where you will provide an info point so people can get help at the beginning and also during the event.
- We recommend to hand out info sheets for listeners like these.
- It can be useful to show an info slide on a video wall or put up posters with infos.